In this article, we give an overview of the latest additions to the Youwind web-based solution:
- Exclusion zones and multiple development areas added to park layout design
- Wind speed bias can be edited directly with inputs of Weibull parameters
- Visualization of rotor diameter spacing and exclusion zones in park layout
- Wind map visualization in Area Screening including bathymetry
- Direct edit of offshore substation and turbine positions
- Bathymetry slope visualization
- Fixed Bottom and Floating foundation filtering on the map
- Updated insights for offshore wind opportunities in Colombia
As always, you can write to email@example.com to get further information or help from our offshore wind experts.
Exclusion zones and multiple development areas
For the offshore wind farm layout it is important to ensure the right exclusion zones are accounted for. This applies to the actual positions of the turbines, but also to the array and export cables, mooring lines and anchors, and offshore substations.
The exclusion zones can be for instance UXOs, existing pipelines or cables or simply the area in which the developer should not plan for any infrastructure of offshore wind components.
This is now possible in Youwind with a very efficient feature that was recently launched. Now the users can upload an area that includes already the exclusion zones, or edit them directly on the map before generating a layout.
When there is a need to take exclusion areas into account the users can use the “Cut Layers” tool on the map.